The universe is made of stories, not of atoms.

The universe is made of stories, not atoms.
Muriel Ruckeyser

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Conversion to Christianity



What does it mean to be born again?
I can still remember the day I gave my life to Jesus. It was an ordinary day. No fireworks, no music playing in the background.
But after that day nothing in my life has ever been the same.


I was blind, but now I (c)see!


What has changed? For me it was not becoming someone else. I am still me, but it is as if God has just come and put a new set of glasses on my eyes. The glasses of His salvation. For the first time I was able to see the world through the eyes of Jesus.


All the negative (c)sees get replaced by they way God wants me to (c)see life.


The first c He replaces is condemnation. Jesus does this through giving himself as sacrifice, instead of us. Through confessing that I have sinned by judging those around me I can become part of His grace in my life. He comes and removes the condemnation that I have had for other people in this world. Confession of what we have done, who we are and the things that we thought nobody would see we become part of God's inheritance for us in our lives.


A life without God is filled with complexity. We do not understand this world. As long as we do not see the world through spiritual eyes we will not be able to understand our purpose in life. When I become a child of God He wants to give me clarity. This clarity enables me to understand why I am here, at this moment. I begin to c why God has given me certain opportunities and how I should respond in the situations that He has placed me.


Once we c ourselves through the eyes of Jesus we cannot stay complacent. We cannot pretend that we are not part of this world, filled by pain and unrighteousness. We might not be from this world, but God wants us to be part of it, so that we can make a difference. God destroys our complacency and face us with new challenges. He challenges us to live the life that Jesus led in example. He wants us to put love first, before anything we might want for ourselves. Once we take up the challenges of His love we will realise the true meaning of Christianity.


Now we can't complain anymore. Instead he fills us with celebration, courage, creativity and eyes that c!


Let God replace these in your life:


Condemnation with Confession

Complacency with Challenges

Complexion with Clarity

Complaining with Celebration, Courage and Creativity


All so that we can truely C!

No comments: