The universe is made of stories, not of atoms.

The universe is made of stories, not atoms.
Muriel Ruckeyser

Sunday, October 10, 2010

This is God's Story!

God writes millions of stories everyday. He writes continuously - our lives the script and those who believe have the opportunity of a lifetime. We as believers become actors in a play written for eternity.
In this play, the actors still have a will of their own. They sometimes have their own idea of how the storyline should flow. In between the perfect lines written by the Author, they act out their own lines, believing that their interpretations will provide the story with more excitement, more leaving the audience with a more memorable experience...

It is the same with me. Take the story of my back pain for example.
I have been struggling with a vulnerable back since I can remember. My back have always been my weakest point. I have scoliosis, all the stress I experience accumulate in my back.
I remember the shock and horror the massage therapist attempted to keep under control when she massaged me.
Apart from the severe pain in which I left the room, I also realised that I will have to actively do something about this. I can't live without my back, so I better start building up a healthier relationship between us. So I started planning - and believe me there is a lot you can do to improve the health of your back.
There are exercises, massages, natural therapies, aroma therapies. Wonderful - I have options.
I nearly became excited about the journey ahead.

Just one problem - I had muscle spasms in my back the size of a golf ball in each side. Unlike the massage therapist Mario did not hide his horror. He said it felt like tumours I will need to excise first, before he thinks we will be able to get anywhere.
Isn't that encouraging.

Backache is a common type of pain people experience. With that knowledge I decided that I should maybe record my journey to healing on my blog. I thought this would be my chance - everyone will start reading my blog, following my path to healing.
I was ready to start.

Then I went to home group on Thursday. As usual our home group leader asked what we can pray for. This time specifically for ourselves. The first thing that came to mind was my back pain.
We prayed for each other. It did feel a little better afterwards, but I have never experienced a miracle in healing in my own life, so how do you explain the experience.
There weren't lights, no outer body feeling.
The pain just left. I bend, I stretch - no pain.

The tumours that my surgeon husband wanted to excise are gone. That is a miracle. That is the way God writes his stories. He uses a life, a simple life like mine. He uses my pain, he turns it into a testimony.

Sure I can't write about my painful, man made journey to healing on my blog. Instead I can tell all those around me that we serve a healing God. A God that can work in an instant.
And the most amazing of it all - he uses you and me to work on his behalf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! prys die Here!