The universe is made of stories, not of atoms.

The universe is made of stories, not atoms.
Muriel Ruckeyser

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pregnancy series: Finding a topic...

Any writer will know that finding a topic to write on is sometimes the hardest part of writing any piece. There are so many things you have to keep in mind: your audience, your experience and knowledge on the topic, will it be interesting?


I am facing the same situation. I would like to write about things that interest me and my audience. I had a long and deep thought about it. Initially I did not want to write about something too ordinary. I do not think you want to hear about me getting up every morning, going to gym (or not), sitting in an air conditioned office until 5 and going home to cook dinner. But on the other hand, it is the ordinary things that we can identify with.


I am currently reading a book by Neil Pasricha – The book of Awesome. He lists all the things that make life an awesome experience. Everything in there are ordinary, small events or things, which cost nothing but still provides us with pleasure and makes life worth living. So, yes I was convinced that it is indeed more worthwhile to write about the small things in life which we enjoy.


I especially like his mention of things like: finding an open parking space in front of the shop and the smell of rain on dry ground.


After this revelation I made the decision to take you on a journey through all my pregnancy experiences up to date. A whole 28 weeks of it. Maybe around 21, if you keep in mind I only found out I was pregnant around 7 weeks. I hope that those who have had the privilege to be pregnant it will serve as a pleasant memory of a very special time in their lives. For those who have not been down this road yet, may it not be scaring you off.


Just enjoy the journey with me. The journey of becoming a mother.

Next: The Decision






No comments: